Bounce an Application
How to restart an application to pull in new changes or troubleshoot.
To bounce an application, you can either:
plural bounce <app-name>in the CLI or Cloud Shell
- Go to the Plural Console, select your application in the top right, then click the
Bouncebutton on the Console home page (Builds).
Bouncing an application restarts the appropriate running software in your cloud provider. You may need to bounce an installed application for reasons including:
- Applying changes to an application that require a redeploy
- Resolving transient errors in deployment
- Resolving transient errors with your cloud provider
- Refreshing the Plural Console to get an updated view of your repository
Especially perceptive users may notice that behind the scenes,
plural bounce runs
helm upgrade with some special arguments.